Monday, March 8, 2010

Old, New, Borrowed & Blue

OLD
It's been Consignment Sale Season...at least in our part of the world. And that translates to great deals for Mommies galore!

Brook held a garage sale and I scored some fantastic finds in 2T & 3T {Mason will be there soon}- can you imagine these shirts at $0.50 each? Seriously!
At a local Consignment Sale, I picked up a sweet little newborn outfit for soon-to-be-born cousin Sophie, some things for M, and a cute wooden toy too.

{Side story: I was a little over-zealous about the toy & ripped off the clear price sticker; the tape took off some of the base so over the weekend I painted it a cheery yellow to hide the flaw...it looks great now and I'm actually glad I messed it up}
NEW
Ahhhhhh! Spring fever brings on desires of boating and sunshiney lake days...already. I suppose for now, we'll have to settle for dressing like we're going to Nantucket.

This is our first pair of "matchy" shoes, although I had pipe dreams of some Cole Haans for him & Louboutins for me in my 2nd Tri {yeah right!} Since Mason has some similar shoes, I got these in a size 7...he may not be able to wear his until next year but it will definitely be fun to both sport our Topsiders!
BORROWED
Plan Toys makes this incredible play kitchen, which would be great since Mason loves to cook while I cook.

And then Jamie e-mailed some friends on Friday about Homemade By Jill's post on a play kitchen project she's started. A homemade kitchen set is much more fun than a store-bought one...no?

Little did she know, but Gigi and Grandadder already made Mason a play kitchen for his first birthday. We have to wait for Grandadder to transport the set with his truck, but he'll be here soon as Baby Sophia is already 39 weeks {she's still cooking!}.

Check out these other inspiring homemade kitchens.

BLUE
Since my child seems to have no fear and an endless sense of curiousity, it's time to take extra care to protect wherever anticipated hazards lie. This weekend I found the Skip Hop Whale Spout Cover and I think it's going to do the trick to protect M's little forehead from splitting open on the bath faucett.

1 comment:

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker