Sunday, March 7, 2010

Fearless

Mason amazes me...with his curiosity, exploratory behavior, bravery, and fearlessness!
{YES, I had some other parents amazed and perhaps a little appalled that I would let my 13-mo-old swing on the swing by himself

...now grant it the swingset is only about 5-6 inches off the ground and designed for the littlest ones AND I was right in front of him the whole time}
We seem to really like the stairs on the playground too.
Cool Baby, Cool!
Signs Of A Daring Child:
  • When we arrive at the playground, Mason tackles it like he's king of the jungle gym. He enjoys playing on the stairs {sometimes he hogs it a little and Mommy has to step in to get him to move on}, climbing the high areas where only bigger kids should climb {like places where he'd definitely get injured if I weren't guarding him}, sliding down the slide by himself, and swinging on the swing alone.
  • Mason's still a wiggle worm- he tries to climb out of restaurant high chairs {he can't budge from ours at home}, he climbs in and out of the bathtub, and he doesn't like sitting still or being held for extended periods of time. Pretty standard stuff for a toddler.
  • I was hanging up new pictures in the stairwell and Mason followed me {which is fine as long as I'm immediately below to catch him should he fall}. In 2 seconds flat, he hiked himself to the top of the stairs and proceeded to purposefully slide down the steps on his belly in speedracer fashion. This is NOT the way I taught him to carefully go down the stairs.
  • Now during bathtime, I constantly have to perceive his every head movement. Because Mason likes to dunk his face in the water. He thinks it's funny. I do not.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

TOO Cute!! That looks like our favorite playground, which was closed when we tried to go to it Saturday! Hope it opens back up soon!

Your one year old is a lot more daring than my three year old!! :)

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker