I remember once when a convertible seat meant where you sit in a sweet ride with a top that goes down for beautiful sunny days when you just have to have wind blowing through your hair.
Now, a convertible seat means a car seat for Baby that is both rear-facing and forward-facing. Blehhhck. But it's necessary and a small sort of rite-of-passage for your little one. Read the AAP's position on car seat safety {HERE}
My top three choices have been the Britax Marathon, the Evenflo Triumph Advance, and the Maxi-Cosi Priori.
All three are 5-point harnesses with excellent safety ratings. I think most people get the Britax Marathon as it has the highest weight limit (65lbs), but it also sports the highest price. The Evenflo Triumph and the Maxi Cosi Priori are great alternatives; they only go to 35lbs rear-facing, but the price is much nicer at almost half the cost.
Here's the old pumpkin seat. We had the Chicco KeyFit 30 as it came with a travel system. I highly recommend it for ease-of-use, comfort for baby, and the travel system has been nice {particularly when Mason falls asleep and I need to take him out of the car without waking him}.
the Maxi Cosi Priori! I found it 50% off probably because of the ugly colors, but I know Mason doesn't mind, even if it is orange. I actually think it's cute with brown, turquoise and orange...kind of reminds me of the dress I wore for my maternity shoot {HERE}
And the car goes "Vroom Vroom"



1 comment:
I need to start looking into convertible seats...what's the weight limit for rear facing on Mason's?
Post a Comment