Rockabye Baby
In the treetop
When the wind blows
The cradle will rock
When the bough breaks
The cradle will fall
And down will come baby
Cradle and all.
When the wind blows
The cradle will rock
When the bough breaks
The cradle will fall
And down will come baby
Cradle and all.
Morbid lyrics. Actually there are a couple of other verses you can find Online that end the song on a much more peaceful note than singing your baby off a tall tree and crashing to the ground!
Updates on weaning Mason to the crib:
SATURDAY NIGHT
The first night I tried letting him "cry it out" but to my dismay after a total 45 minute routine (settling him down and then letting him cry for about 25 min), he actually woke up VERY angry and upset just 2 hours later. Arrrgggghhh! So he returned to the bed for the remainder of the night. I'm not emotionally able to let him stay so upset and usually when he wakes up, he might be fussy, but this time he was screaming his head off. It was too much change to expect overnight. *asleep at Midnight for 2 Hrs
SUNDAY NIGHT
I decided that I would rock him to sleep rather than nurse him to sleep and then just place him in his crib. I've heard and read that if you take so mething away (or make a major change) then you need to reciprocate by adding something else in place. Thus= I rock him to sleep now rather than me allowing him to nurse to sleep. He slept 4 hours straight and then I was just too groggy to work at rocking him back to sleep so he rejoined me for the remainder of the night. Might not seem like much, but I was a new woman on Monday. *asleep at 11pm for 4 Hrs
MONDAY NIGHT
That little booger made me work to rock him to sleep. We've had a consistent bedtime routine since he was 2 months, but I've always had a struggle to get him to calm down at nighttime. He's my little night owl! But he finally went out for me after nursing for 30 minutes and rocking for 45 minutes...sheesh! *asleep at 11pm for 3 Hrs
TUESDAY NIGHT
I don't know what it was, but I started the process a little earlier because even though we've been doing somewhat better, I'm still not able to get to bed until 11:30pm-midnight because after I put Mason down, I still need to wind down myself. So I started the process around 8:45pm (rather than 9:30pm). I don't know if Mason was hypersensitive to the 45 minute time difference, but he fought me from 8:45pm until just after midnight so I gave in that night and just let him co-sleep because I was almost at wit's end. *we didn't pass GO
WEDNESDAY NIGHT
We started at 9:15, so there was only a 15 minute difference. And he fought me again. There were two times where he fell asleep and then would jolt awake as soon as he felt me lowering him (very slowly!) into the crib. But finally at 11pm (his "normal" bedtime) he was out. *asleep at 11pm for 3 Hrs
Any suggestions out there for a Mommy who can't do the cry-it-out method?
1 comment:
How does he nap during the day? In the crib? And do you have to nurse/rock him to get him to nap? I hated the cry-it-out method too but Mary Ella never cried for over 10 minutes so it was easier on my part. I read the Baby Wise book and didn't adhere to anything in it except for the part of putting her in the crib while she was still awake. Eventually she just learned to fall asleep on her own. And the times that I did nurse her or rock her to sleep, she would wake up and scream her head off. But never more than 10 minutes... its so hard. And every kiddo is so different which makes it harder! Bless his heart.
Post a Comment