I'm typically a great bargain shopper and have become somewhat savvy with Online comparison shopping- I create spreadsheets for high-ticket items and calculate per-unit costs including shipping, handling and tax fees, then I compare with local in-store items as I visit the store for other things (so as to not waste gas for an extra trip).
However, lately I feel I've chosen convenience over comparison. For instance, when I was excited to finally see the Boon Frog Pod in person at a swanky local boutique (still totally cool!), I paid $37 plus tax for the item and didn't know that Wal-Mart carries a similar item, the Munchkin Turtle Bath Toy Holder for $15! Yep, I could have saved $22 if I had paid attention.
Boon Frog Pod
$37 at a local boutique

Munchkin Turtle Toy Holder
$15 at WalMart
2 comments:
Ha! Well, Wal Mart has not had this thing for long, because I am a regular to their baby section and I just bought the turtle 2 weeks ago. I went for several weeks in a row looking for the frog pod and had no luck. But the turtle works great! Don't feel bad. The frog pod does the job... plus it has the shelf for shampoo, an added bonus!
I saw that turtle at Walmart last week! I almost bought it! Same thing for half the price!
Post a Comment