Monday, August 10, 2009

He's Out

Boring Sleep Updates

THURSDAY NIGHT

I can't exactly remember the details, but it was a "typical night" *asleep for 3 or 4 Hrs

FRIDAY NIGHT

I had my second night out on the town as my neighbor across the street, Mrs. B's sons were in town. She insisted on taking care of Mason while we got some drinks and hung out. I felt a little guilty doing this twice in 3 weeks, but I justified it since one son flew in from Puerto Rico and the other from Virginia. They're fun guys and the youngest had a "Birmingham Bucket List" so I knew he expected to be bored while he was in town. Mason did great for Mrs. B and went down relatively easy. *asleep at 11:15pm for 3 Hrs

SATURDAY NIGHT

This kiddo surprised me: *asleep at 12am for 3.5 Hrs then a 30 minute nursing/rocking session and back down for 4 Hrs

SUNDAY NIGHT

We didn't do well at all. Gigi had warned me that sometimes if they have a particularly good night prior, that sometimes the next night it'll be a challenge. And it was. After 2.5 hours of my monster fighting for me to hold him, I let him "cry it out" for about 20 minutes. Correction, I went to my bedroom, turned the monitor on, and kind of fell into a light sleep realizing that if I didn't get co-sleep, then he'd probably end up crying for hours. I just couldn't keep awake to "train" him back to sleep




Here he is Monday morning in my bed even after I've already been up and about. Too bad he wasn't like this at midnight last night!

No comments:

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker