Monday, August 24, 2009

No Rest for the Mommy

Wow, I can't believe it's been 3 weeks since I've been consistently starting Mason off in his crib. I resolved to not go with the "cry it out" method because frankly I couldn't stand letting him scream his head off. My blood pressure and stress levels rose every time I left him to wail. So that aside, I've been either nursing or rocking him to sleep and he's now been pretty good about sleeping anywhere from 5-9 hours straight. I think the time range was greatly affected by my poor guy's teething milestones though. Teething has been sleep's worst enemy.

But it's still tough for me at least. We've gone 6 months with co-sleeping and I'm still not completely used to having him stay in his crib for most of the night. Right now, case-in-point, I can't get to sleep until after midnight. My body just won't let me settle down until I'm just zonked. Before, I really enjoyed cuddling with Mason and dozing off to sleep with him curled up in the nook of my arm. {we spoon sometimes too...ha!}

This guy still takes a while to calm down at night. He's been getting to bed around 10pm, but he's so wiggly in the evening hours prior that I just have to caress him beginning at 9pm. I fret the toddler years...my child is a bona fide night owl.

No comments:

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker