Friday, March 4, 2011

Sewing for for Baby DK

Last night Scott was sweet to corral the Booger so I could make Baby Dakota a dress. I've been procrastinating on sewing because it's a daunting task and I've been fairly intimidated to sew clothes. So I used fabric from an old throw pillow that had already been deconstructed and the lining is a bed sheet that was also already cut up. {remember the pillows from HERE?} So no love-loss on a fabric purchase and I think the unique fabric actually gives the dress some character.


Note to self: Use a pattern next time! I have no idea what size this is and if it will even fit correctly.

BUT I am happy to say that it's fully lined {I think I could easily make an A-line jumper dress like this reversible...with some additional planning} and I had to sneak in a matching hair clip too. I put it on the dress lapel for the 1st photo.
This is the back part with the covered-button and piping loop closure...
And this is the matching hair clip up close...

If I had to guess, I'd say it's a 6-9 month dress but the neck and arm holes are large enough to accomodate for a 12-month tunic top.

2 comments:

The Faucett's said...

You did good! I have a bunch of baby girl easy PDF patterns I can email you. Let me know if you want any.

Cindy said...

so cute! I love it!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker