I finally took general measurements yesterday and mapped out 3 options for Dakota Kate's nursery layout.
Room Challenges:
- The crib is prettiest from the front, you see the fluted column detail on the front legs only from the front and the screws are also hidden from the front view.
- There are double doors to the closet which limits furniture placement...and Scott still has a great need for use of 95% of the closet, including the use of opening the doors wide enough to wheel his desktop cart out for when he works at night {and that's been almost every night lately!}
- I feel silly for complaining that the room is small because I know there are actually nurseries fit into tiny spaces that are adorable...but we do have limited space and we decided to keep furniture count minimal only using the crib, glider/ottoman, and a changing dresser.
Layout #1

_________________________________________
Layout #2
____________________________________________Layout #3

Thoughts and opinions welcomed! I requested that we move the bed to the back wall with the window for a few days to see if Scott could sacrifice even more space {for the left closet door}.
On another note, this is the fabric ordered for the curtains. Right now the plan is for 2 long panels...possibly a Roman Shade in the center, but we'll just have to see what pans out.

No comments:
Post a Comment