Thursday, March 10, 2011

Her Bump- 31.5 Weeks

Goodness gracious. I'd been pleased that lately I'd felt better {physically} during this pregnancy & hadn't been as large. Well, it only took a couple of weeks for me to explode...
And with it all, the physical ailments of: heartburn {never had this with Mason}, nausea, ongoing exhaustion, huge boobs {much bigger this time}, poor circulation, and rib pains.


Dakota Kate hasn't dropped yet which is nice for my bladder but tough on my stomach and ribs; there's this particular spot below the right side of my ribs and she likes to lodge herself and sometimes kicks me in the same sore area to a point of me squealing in pain. No, no, no baby girl! I had someone suggest placing a cold compress there to deter her from that particular area {because DK doesn't like to be cold} and that works temporarily. *sigh* I'm still okay with her "cooking" for a while though. Let me get some more things planned and ready, more DIY projects complete, and oh yeah I need to continue preparing Mason for his little sister!

To Prepare Mason:
  • I bought him a baby doll this week, but he's just not interested. He'll amuse me when I ask him to by cradling the baby and will "burp" her...but then he just throws her on the ground and goes onto another toy. I won't push the doll much but may make a point twice a week to remind him that his own baby sister will be here soon while caressing the doll.
  • I need to see about scheduling a Hospital Tour for him {special tour offered to orient siblings}
  • We already have an art easel that will replace the glider in his room once we move that to the nursery, but I'd also like to have a special gift from him to Dakota {even if just something homemade for a keepsake}, and then find some gift that will be "from Dakota" to her big brother.
  • I've already dubbed him "Mommy's Big Helper" and he gets tickled vacuuming, throwing things in the trash, throwing his cup/dishes in the sink, etc. Once we get the nursery set up I'll have a special place for him to reach the diapers/wipes so he can fetch them to help me out {yeah...I said "fetch}
  • We may also try and visit LLL next month so that he can be around other nursing moms. I'm curious how he'll react or if he'll even notice. I think he's only seen his Aunt nurse his cousin once...and really it was inconspicuous. I definitely have plans to breastfeed Dakota; however I don't plan on tandem nursing my already-weaned son.

Almost forgot...

Shhhh, it's the 2 Month Countdown!

3 comments:

Tiffany Norris said...

Aw, you look great! I know you're so excited to meet her!

Cindy said...

You look adorable! That dress is beautiful on you!

Anonymous said...

You look great! And I love the style of your home. Good taste, lady!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker