Our household enjoys the Disney Channel daily, particularly Playhouse Disney with programs geared towards toddlers in the mornings. Mason looks forward to it during breakfast everyday {please no flaming the Mommy who lets her toddler watch TV...you know you do it too!}
HOWEVER, I'm NOT a fan of "Choo Choo Soul with Genevieve." While technically her skin is clothed/covered, she's also strategically wearing a train conductor vest that's open and low enough so that when she dances and bounces, it's suggestive. This, in addition to the sexy camera looks the dance moves are also a bit over-the-top. In fact in the Choo Choo Soul Dance video, she tells the kids to get down and the little girl on the far left drops it like it's HOT! {zoinks!}. Music is catchy...videos, not so much.
I thought I was too prudish at first, but my Mom noticed it too when she took care of Mason while Scott and I were away on our honeymoon.
I think of other scandalous Disney actresses/singers and at least Miley Cyrus and Vanessa Hudgens are geared towards older children {not that it's okay, but just as a generalization}. They keep trying to get them at such a young age!
Genevieve is too sexy for my kiddos. We're going to stick to Dance Robot!
As a side note, maybe I'm just more aware of these things now that a little girl is on the way. I keep thinking about the responsibilities of bringing her up to be a little lady, but first a child of God's.

2 comments:
Watch Nick Jr instead... They don't have shows like that!
Abby isn't really into TV, yet...but when she does start watching, I don't want her exposed to things like that! It's so sad what kids are exposed to these days! :o(
With Nate, I was always old school. He watched Tom & Jerry and old movies. By the time he was 3 he could quote most of Old Yeller! lol!
Post a Comment