Friday, January 14, 2011

Huh?!?

Dakota's gender ultrasound was done right at 19 weeks {nevermind the 18w6d mark at the top, my OB always extends the estimated due date by 1 day, just something he does & it confused the tech even though I insisted I knew my LMP, ovulation date & date of conception to the day because we were charting & planning...anywho}, and it took almost an hour to determine she's a girl. This technician wasn't as experienced as the one who did Mason's.

Well today on www.thebump.com there was a a preggers, let's call her Lisa, and she had an ultrasound gender photo VERY similar to Dakota's below {Lisa was 17 wks pregnant}, but when she went back for her 20 week appointment, they now say the baby is a BOY!

SHEESH, I'd be upset to be told incorrectly! I've done so much planning and have been sorting through Mason's old clothes already to consign/save for hand-me-downs, and there's a laundry list of crafts and sewing projects...all for a GIRL!

For Comparison
Here's Dakota's booty shot:
Here's Mason's booty shot:
I definitely see a difference, but the absence of a penis in an ultrasound doesn't automatically make the baby a girl...in fact the 3 defining lines are necessary to determine gender. Dakota's 3 lines are there, but so was Lisa's in her first ultrasound.
I'm already calling to schedule an elective ultrasound. Plus, it would be nice to actually see her fingers and toes this time {I saw them with Mason, but Dakota had her hands in a fist and was moving too much}.

No comments:

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker