Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Neurotic Mommy

Well after my concern a couple of weeks ago regarding the Baby's gender {HERE}, I'm happy to report that Baby Dakota is indeed still a GIRL. Yes, I'll admit it was a neurotic worry. Scott thinks I'm nuts for even questioning the first technician...but wouldn't you if it took an hour to determine the gender AND she "guessed" wrong the first time? Plus, 2 nights ago I had a vivid nightmare that the Baby was born Baby Dakota James, which is what her name would have been if she'd really been a boy {middle name in honor of Mom's father}.This morning I was able to see her sweet little face again and she's BIG! I went to a local technical school {so the ultrasound was free} and didn't purchase any images, but I had confirmation that she's a girl and that she's growing and that's all I needed anyway.

  • She's currently positioned Right Occipito Anterior
  • Her face has fully formed {more fat has filled in since our last scan 6 wks ago} and she's BEAUTIFUL! She opened her eyes at one point...and I don't know if you can really tell, but they appeared to be large and rounded just like her big brother's. She has chubby cheeks and a sweet little button nose. We also had her puckering her lips at us like she was blowing us a kiss. What a flirt!
  • She was very mobile...again. But towards the end, my belly was very cold and she huddled up very tightly into her fetal position. Poor baby girl!
  • Her umbillical was twisted {not around her though!} and the teaching instructor advised this is a good sign of healthy movement.
  • Everything was very "textbook" with her skeletal structure looking great, her organs working, and she spanned from just under my ribs all the way down to the to top of my pubic bone. She was tall!

And what a delight to get this today in the mail...in honor of my sweet GIRL!

2 comments:

Jamie Grizzle said...

Whew!!! I am so happy that is sorted out. Can't wait to meet her!

Rachel said...

What an adorable dress!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker