Monday, April 19, 2010

Holy Molar!

Mason ate my camera.


Last Wednesday, when the cardboard castle was under construction, I made the horrible mistake of distracting Mason with, "Here's something with buttons to keep you occupied" and handed him the digital camera.

He ate it.

And subsequently, the extending lens and shutter were bitten into and fell apart. Sorry Aunt BeeBee...I know you gave us that camera, I had no idea M would take a bite out of it! We have an old Fuji, but it's about 3 or 4 times the size and the video camera feature doesn't work as well. The good news is that this incident helped confirm my decision to NOT buy a fancy schmancy camera {unless I can get cheapo accidental insurance coverage!}. So this is why I'm lagging in posting for both Mason's journal AND my Gypsy Soul blog...

We had visitors this weekend. Aunt Mary, Uncle Josh, Baby Sophie, and Uncle Sean stayed the night Saturday and Sunday.
Here's 5.5 wk-old Baby Sophie and Mommy.
Mason was absolutely tickled to get to see his cousin, Aunt, and Uncles. He's cheesing it up here with Uncle Sean.
Lunch after church.
Mason was terribly loud all throughout lunch. He's happy, but I'm warning anyone that ever asks us out for dinner, that he'll inevitably try to gain the entire facility's attention by yelling/singing/laughing as loud as he can.
And then Sunday, in the middle of his afternoon nap, he woke up screaming. I had decided to take a nap too and made a pallet next to his crib (my bed was coated with clothes I was hanging up). Why on earth was my usually happy guy so fussy?HOLY MOLAR

He's been cutting his bottom right molar for months, but check out how extraordinarily swollen that sucker is! The gums have turned purple and to feel the mound, it's terribly squishy. To put the size in perspective, look at the size of one of his nostrils...the swollen area is BIGGER!
He wouldn't take a teething toy or bottle at this point so I tried to soothe him with Baby Orajel and teething tablets.
My poor little dude finally calmed down. {look how handsome he is...even if he's been sobbing for 20 minutes!}
And he took a bottle...
We said "Goodbye" to the family super early this morning. Mason actually cried when everyone was saying "Bye Bye." I honestly think he was sad to see them go- his cognitive skills amaze me.


PS I realize I only have 1 photo of Baby Sophie; it seemed like everytime I broke the camera out she was sleeping. Sunday morning she was adorable in a sweet pink Petite Ami bubble suit with white eyelet Mary Jane shoes. Mary and Josh are just lucky I didn't babynap her while they were here =)

No comments:

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker