Sunday, April 11, 2010

14-Months Old

At 14 Months-Old, Mason...


...is a silly mess. {like his country bumpkin overalls and crazy hair here} He is still into everything and is quick to discover the world around him.

...isn't necessarily a picky eater, BUT has become a difficult one. We go through a laborious process of me trying to get him to focus on eating. Sometimes he'll want to feed himself when I hold the spoon and other times he wants to play with his food or drop it on the ground. Not cool! He also likes to push food up his nose, in his ears, and always his hair. At some point here, I just gave in and styled a mohawk.
...has become a scientist, an engineer, and an inventor. He carefully studies cause and effect; rigs up elaborate obstacle courses with toys as hurdles; and creates new ways of using toys and/or taking everyday objects and making them toys.
...tears up my stuff.
...thinks it's funny to tear up my stuff. *sigh*

This month he's not really developed new gross motor skills {well, he can walk down the playground steps now without my help and figured out how to go down the slide on his tummy on his own} but socially he's blossomed within the past couple of weeks. There's not a shy bone in this kid's body! On the playground, he loves to go around to talk and hug people. At restaurants, he's very loud and chatty {in church too...which is why he was put in the nursery during 3/4 of the service Sunday}. And when we're out and about, he is big about looking people in the eye and being friendly.

I'm proud of him for being so outgoing and kind but I noticed when he is told "No" in a public setting that he tends to throw a bigger fit to show off. I think he may even be trying to flex his toddler attitude by showing that he's in charge and can do what he wants {is that possible at this early age?}.

BUT this is a fun age and I'm enjoying having a happy baby. His fake laughs, odd noises, Jabbernese {think: Japanese+baby jabbering= Jabbernese language} and silliness crack me up and bring a big smile to my face every day!

No comments:

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker