Saturday, October 10, 2009

Off to the Races

Mason and I ran in a 5K race today (first race together). We joined 14,000 other participants for the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure and while the morning was rainy and muddy, we were troopers. It was actually a nice respite to have a constant drizzly mist. The main drawback of the race was that it was very crowded despite the weather. It was also pretty tough to navigate a stroller through the mess of runners and walkers. I really wish it was organized so that the walkers were positioned in the back OR they stayed to one side of the road...it'd just be safer for all parties.


I think most everyone has a direct connection to someone who has been affected by breast cancer (or they have dealt with it themselves). My Mamy-Kay is a survivor and so we ran in her honor this year. Mason even sported a cool onesie that had the pink ribbon and read, "a cause i can latch on to."

I was so proud of my guy for staying happy and alert. He no longer falls asleep during our runs. I had the rain canopy covering most of his vision but at least he kept dry for during the race. He even sported his New Balance running shoes and running shorts for the occasion.

I think next year Mason will want to forego the stroller so he can run on his own...whatcha think?

2 comments:

The Penter Family said...

He looks so dang cute in that running outfit... I can't believe he has his own running shorts too. That cracks me up! He was prepared for that race!!!

Rachel said...

I love the onesie! He is just adorable!!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker