Monday, October 26, 2009

Creepy Crawly...Bug's a Spider

Friday night Mason tanked up on 3 baby food jars in one sitting {of his own accord}. He was hyper, jumping off the walls for 30 minutes...
He kept following me around "Rawrrrrr"ing.
And then he got tired on me all of a sudden...it was no wonder he was knocked out an hour early!
So I was able to test out my domestic skills on his homemade Halloween costume...a midnight Martha Stewart project. Actually it was way past midnight...more like 4am, but some of that was attributed to an insomniac ADHD Mommy working on multiple projects at once. Before Mason was even born, I'd already decided his first Halloween costume, so I was bound and determined to complete the task.
It was all worth it. My Bug is a spider for Halloween, and the costume was completed in time for our church's Fall Festival Sunday night.Mason had a blast playing with all the toys and in particular he enjoyed climbing on the push toys {and even the sit and spin}, standing up to push/walk them around the gym. I've decided it's time to break down and get him a walking push toy so he can be more mobile. I've tried to avoid this as long as possible {our largest baby item outside of his nursery is the swing which I tried to hide in a corner} because I don't really like the baby mess taking over the house *sigh*. I placed him on his back to watch him squirm {bad Mommy!} and he looked like a smushed bug!
But of course he rolled over in no time and was crawling all over the place. The costume was great for a creepy crawly baby...the legs just kind of bobbed along while he scooted everywhere.
Here he is with Nanny C. I was so excited she and her hubby brought their daughter and some of their church friends up to celebrate too- there was face painting, grilled food and candies, pony rides, several inflatables, and they even won at the Cake Walk...so I think it was a hit.
The Spider and Web...
It's Halloween Week and it doesn't end until Saturday-there's still more to come!

5 comments:

Erin said...

Cutest spider ever! (Okay, only cute spider ever.)

The Penter Family said...

Very good job on the web and spider costumes!!!

You better just suck it up and buy the walker toy... once he starts walking on his own, he will bring all sorts of toys from upstairs to downstairs... in 6 months, your house will be taken over! Go ahead and start getting used to it! Ha! :)

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh....I LOVE it!!!! Soooo cute!!!

Sylvia Grace said...

LOVE the spider and web costumes! Cute! =)

McKinney Madness said...

110% ADORABLE! I'm so impressed. You win the creative mommy award for this one!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker