Monday, October 27, 2008

It's Not Mischief, It's An Adventure

I have strong suspicions that Mason will be a little daredevil.

It runs through his blood already.

As a baby, before most children my age were walking, I was a climber...Mom once found me in the kitchen traversing my way to the top of the refrigerator. In 2nd Grade, although not purposefully orchestrated, I was hit by a car, flying over the hood and landing on the asphalt without breaking a bone (God sent extra angels to keep watch over me that day). I thought I was invincible for at least a decade after this. Even as a grown-up, I enjoy things like whitewater rafting, rock climbing, and rappelling. I'd love to try skydiving and hang gliding one day; I used to want to bungee jump, but the thought of a taut rope jerking me at the end doesn't seem pleasant, I'd stick with skydiving.

I can already imagine Mason rolling down our treacherously steep driveway on some Geronimo mission to see how fast he can fly on his bike/scooter/skateboard. It excites me and frightens me all at once!

But for the meantime, since the little guy will be wiggling in the womb for now, I found a pocket version of "The Dangerous Book for Boys" yesterday. I might start reading it in advance to prepare for my little adventurer's entrance into the wide-world of dangerous possibilities!

No comments:

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker