While I didn't get much accomplished for the Nursery this past weekend, I did find a great resource for Nursery Design: http://babysdream.icovia.com/
Here's Mason's Room Layout
The door on the bottom right enters into the hallway and the door on the top right is to the closet. This layout is drawn to scale architecturally, including the (potential) furniture and accents.SLEEPYHEAD
Also, last week my dream bassinet arrived for pickup (I just have to pick it up!) and last night I ordered Mason's crib. Mom graciously offered to sew the custom bedding and I'm definitely taking her up on that offer...THANKS AGAIN MOMMA! I had a jumpstart on ordering the crib so she'll have exact measurements for the bedding (I want a tailored straight skirt not a ruffled one, which would be much more forgiving). The actual crib will be a bit of a surprise-I definitely am veering from my original plan for dark rich wood furniture (like a mahoghany) and Mom has also promised to add her artiste touch to the new idea!
Tomorrow my Amy Butler "Little Stitches for Little Ones" arrives and I'll review patterns for bedding in this book too. I hope they're helpful!
DIRTY DIAPERS
I hate the idea of changing diapers so please do not judge me as I've dreaded looking for a changing dresser and decided to go cheap...very cheap. This will likely be the very last piece I purchase as I'd rather invest in a great glider chair and ottoman first.
Babies R Us Graco Christon Dresser/Changer regularly $260, but now @ $100 (although I have some reservations as all of the reviews have been very poor)

Albee Baby DaVinci Kalani 3-Drawer Changer @ $290 & free shipping
Babies R Us South Shore Changing Table @ $160
OR
Babies R Us South Shore Changing Table @ $160OR
(these are the same exact furniture pieces, but I haven't figured out which will be more expensive when taxes / shipping is factored in)

Target Pure White Open Baby Changing Table @ $100 (although this is only a bookshelf and I'm really looking for a dresser combo)

Target DaVinci Roxanne 3-Drawer Changing Table @ $294 & free shipping

2 comments:
i would pay attention to those reviews! It has been my experience that they are usually right on!
Let me just say, I NEVER used a changing table. I always just changed the baby on the bed or the couch. To me it was a waste but to each their own.
Post a Comment