Today Nanny C had to take care of her ailing daughter so I took a "sick day" and that left most of the had a day for Mason and Mommy time. I'm worn out!
At one point I left M in the living room surrounded by his toys and thought, "Oh I have a second to run to the kitchen (adjacent room) to wash off this drool". I returned seconds later to find him trying to climb the sofa with an unbalanced grip and he fell hitting his head on the surrounding toys. I seriously don't know how on earth he's learning all these new tricks it scares me. Of another concern: Mason's particularly attracted to hazardous items such as cords, plastic bags, electronic appliances, etc. He's going to make my hair turn grey before I'm 30!
Tonight I watched an ABC special on parenting and discipline. The experts (the main guy was from Yale) advised that the most effective discipline tool for parenting is praising your child when they do the right thing. I've actually heard before "that's the way women can train their husbands" so I suppose it makes sense for children since men are oversized children anyhow. I always wonder if the experts have children, and if they're well-behaved... I was a strong-willed child myself. I've seen hints of temper tantrums from Mason, but I'm still hoping he'll be an easy child.
But back to the day. He's worn me out. I'm hoping I've worn him out. He's in the swing right now, but I thought I'd share a sweet video of him talking (notice I like videos now that I can use this different camera with the clear picture)
1 comment:
I sound like Mommy Dearest... but spanking works well for Colton. If I tell him no two or three times and he still doesn't listen, then he gets a little spank and it always works... of course Colton is much older than Mason, so you don't need to do that. Just letting you know for when he gets older... if you even plan to spank. A lot of parents don't. I just find that it works for Mr. Colton...
Post a Comment