32.5 Weeks
This morning I had a Dr. check-up. As you may be able to tell from my picture, the bump is growing considerably fast. I'm measuring at 33 weeks, in addition to some major swelling!
Today my blood pressure was back up again at 138/90 and I'd gained 10 lbs from my last visit which was only 20 days ago (December 10th). I'd forgotten to weigh the past few days (with celebrating, traveling, and spending time with family), but this is a ridiculous weight gain: a total of 45 lbs.... YES FORTY FIVE POUNDS overall!
While there was no protein found in my urine, Dr. F mentioned my swelling face a couple of times to my dismay. Seriously, who wants to hear that they look swollen and puffy =) Dr. F is concerned about the weight gain and blood pressure. He wants me to make sure and weigh-in each day and I go back in a week rather than 2 weeks so he can monitor everything again. He went over signs of labor and when to call his office. I'm still not sure yet if Toxemia often causes pre-term labor, or if it's just that Dr. F wanted me to be aware in-case of it. Either way: MASON, PLEASE WAIT FOR MOMMY UNTIL YOU'RE FULL TERM
Here are 3 interesting labor facts Dr. F shared today:
- It is uncommon for your water to break before you go into labor; often this is broken right before delivery at the hospital. Previously, I thought it was something almost every woman experienced as a precursor to labor...hmmmm.
- The "bloody show" (which is similar to a menstrual period) happens 30-40% of the time and about 70% of those women will go into labor within 24 hours. I was actually hoping for this so that I can "warn" Mom and Dad and they can be on their way to Birmingham for the delivery.
- I'm supposed to call and come into the Hospital once my contractions are regularly 5 minutes apart for an hour straight. In my books, they all mention how first-timers often rush to the hospital only to be sent home. From non-medical advice I've heard, once my contractions begin I should plan to take it easy and shower, get pretty, apply makeup, dress-up, and make sure I'm fully packed for the hospital. There will be pictures taken post-delivery...I'd like to look decent (haha!).
So Dr's orders: I'm supposed to take it easy although, I'm not prescribed bedrest (thank goodness). And Dr. F also said I need to find a Pediatrician for Mason and gave me a list of recommended practices...anyone have one they'd recommend???
3 comments:
Hey Amanda. Kate uses Dr. Patrick Farr at Saint Vincents. He is young and calm, yet very knowledgable. I like him. Also, my water definitely broke before and I definitely had #2 but everything happened very fast after that. JUST FYI. :)
Hey Amanda, I have loved reading your baby blog! You are so funny!
I use Greenvale Pediatrics in Hoover - Toren Anderson is my pediatrician and I really like him. Plus they have a well clinic in addition to their regular office, so you don't have to worry about your baby catching something at a regular check-up. They have offices on Data Drive and in Brook Highlands. Anyway, I love my doc. He came to see my baby every day we were in the hospital at St. Vincent's and he's very knowledgeable, thorough, and super helpful when I have questions or concerns.
I agree with Haley...Use Greenvale Pediatrics in Hoover. ALL of the doctors there are GREAT and a ton of people from my church use them.
I use Dr. Petelos and we LOVE him so you might be able to get him if he is accepting new patients.
If not, I would choose another doctor at that practice.
Post a Comment