During this pregnancy, I've had to insulate myself from things that might trigger tears: whether tears of joy, tears of sadness, or tears from anger/frustration.
I'm apt, at any moment, to burst out crying. I find myself overly emotive, extremely compassionate, and overall excessively hormonal.
I feel for my poor son and husband who have seen me cry too many times to count in the past 6 months. When I was pregnant with Mason, I was very even-keeled and it stayed the same way after he was born; not so much with this pregnancy.It's affected my mothering {poor little Mason doesn't understand between when I'm happy and when I'm sad, because I cry both times!} and my marriage {I've talked with both my OB and a counselor about it}. It's debilitating at times. My OB advised that while so much of the overwhelming emotional state is tied into being pregnant and caring for a toddler, he also shared that I may be more suceptible to Post-Partum Depression. I'm sure my husband is thrilled but his kind assurance to me is always, "We don't know that yet." His sweet attitude is that we'll deal with things as they come...
So for any of my friends who have wondered what's happened to me in-real-life, there you have it: the Confession. So if I start getting all weepy-eyed...
___________________
PS I thought about sharing the above this afternoon after I finally made myself read updates from a dear friend's adoption blog and I broke down uncontrollably. Tears of JOY! God is blessing their adoption process and it's a jubilant countdown to when they'll be united with their son...praise Him!
1 comment:
It's ok to cry, it's mainly your hormones. I've been crying a lot since I lost my job and haven't been working for the last 4 months and now feel like I'm not sure how to support my baby.
you have a great support system and just keep your head up, you're just trying to be there for Mason, you're a newlywed and you're trying to enjoy your pregnancy, it's understandable that you want to focus on all those things but it's difficult to do that right now.
*HUGS*
Post a Comment