Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Learning is FUN!

Over the weekend I finally made myself work to finish up projects so I could check them off my list.

Make Mason's Pinata........................................CHECK
Pre-Register @ the Hospital..............................CHECK
Haircut............................................................CHECK, last cut was over 18 months ago!
Compile Learning Materials for Mason.............CHECK

I'm especially excited about the last one because I've decided to implement our very own Toddler School {in a non-structured and extremely flexible sort of way}. We have flashcards, a song book, activity sheets, and our trusty color book so far. Mason already gets a kick out of the song sheets and enjoys his counting sheet.
FLASHCARDS
Homemade by Jill has a plethora of ideas to pull from, but perhaps one of my all-time favorites is the "Alphabet Flashcard" printable {HERE} I'm so thankful she made this available for download- yippee!

SONGS
I printed off Lyric Sheets from 1+1+1=1 Tot School {HERE} and then created some of my own you can download {HERE}

COLOR BOOK
And back in May 2010, I made him a Color Quiet Book which is perfect for learning his colors {HERE}


We also have some activity sheets that help teach counting but I plan on adding some other tools that will help with fine motor skills like lacing templates, a beading kit, a buckle puzzle, and a color wheel next. I happen to catch word that Gigi and Grandadder are in the process of making Mason his very own wood drum {he will LOVE it!}.
Check this Blog out for ideas for teaching your toddler: {HERE} and {HERE}

1 comment:

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker