Saturday, December 4, 2010

Santa's Pancake Breakfast

"Dear Santa...
I've been a very good boy this year, so I'd like a baby brother or sister for Christmas."
Aunt Mary, Uncle Josh & Cousin Sophie were in town and able to join us...YAY!
And the morning was made special with close friends...
He's ready for Christmas!
And so is his friend Carson...
They liked the balloons, of course. Boys and their balls...
Sweet Sophia enjoyed checking everything out...
Mason made crafts...
And we rode on a choochoo train {awful photo of me, I know}...
And of course, this kid has the biggest crush on his Aunt Mary so he was thrilled to spend time with her- so was Mommy!

But what about SANTA, you ask? Since this was "Santa's Pancake Breakfast"...we'll let's just say that after more than a week's worth of talking him up teaching Mason to say "Ho Ho Ho", watching Santa movies, bringing out the Santa photo of him from last year, and even YouTubing other toddlers who were happy to sit in Santa's lap---none of it worked.

This kid was traumatized that his Mommy wanted to set him in some stranger's lap {not that he doesn't talk & hug random strangers on his own!}. In fact, he held onto me so tight, I literally lifted both arms completely to see if he'd drop and I don't think 5 grown wrestlers would have been able to peel this kid off of me. *sigh * We'll try again next year!

No comments:

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker