I haven't been keeping photos of my growing bump this time around...mostly because I've had major camera issues. If you'll notice, the quality of the photos since late August has drastically declined. I've had to resort to using my camera phone, Scott's iPhone {which can take some clear ones if shot correctly}, and an old camera that has a smudgy lens {thanks Mace}.
But here's the belly at 16.5 weeks...
At the last visit, I'd gained a net 5 lbs, which might seem like a lot but I'm just thankful it's nothing compared the monstrous gain I did with Mason. Here are some other differences I've noticed:
- I crave BEEF. So weird. I was slightly anemic with Mason, so maybe this is my body's way of telling me to get Iron.
- I still enjoy desserts, but nothing too sweet. With Mason I was a cupcake fiend, but so far I enjoy sweet desserts but need them in moderation. A lot of things taste stronger to me {which is again odd that I like beef}.
- Because this is my 2nd pregnancy, there is no real desire to re-educate myself on the growth and development other than looking at http://www.thebump.com/ to see how big the baby is each week. I remember with Mason that I was almost obsessed with What to Expect and Week by Week and then the parenting books like Dr Sear's Baby Book. In fact, to Scott's delight, we will not be attending Childbirthing Classes this time. I do plan on taking Mason on the Hospital Tour so that he feels involved, but that will probably be in late Spring.
- I'm very moody. Watch out! No I kid...but truly Scott has felt the brunt of my moodiness which mostly involves me randomly bursting into tears. I feel very hormonal this pregnancy and my poor husband doesn't always know how to respond.
- And because I'm just being honest in this journal, I'm personally having to deal with the mixed emotions of expecting this child. I love Mason so much and it's been difficult for me to wrap my head around the idea that there will be another baby. I question whether I will love this child just as much as Mason {just being honest} and whether we'll connect/attach like I did with Mason now that I'm no longer a single parent.
2 comments:
You look fantastic! A man from my home church said it best, "God doesn't divide your love, He multiplies it!"
You are a wonderful mommy and have no need to worry :)
I could've written your list when I was pregnant with Abby. I was MEAN and I craved steaks...which is NOT like me at all. I worried about how I would feel once Abby was here and if that would change how I felt towards Nate. I love them differently, but both just as deeply. You will be amazed at how everything just falls into place. :o)
Post a Comment