Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Mason's Best Bud

Being a new stay-at-home mommy {temporarily!} has proven to be a tremendous challenge.....of keeping Mason enriched and entertained. As of late, there have been too many times where I've relied on cartoons so it was a big treat for us to have a playdate with Carson on schedule.
Mason is a very affectionate little guy. He just loves hugging all over poor Carson.
The boys had fun playing around.
And then amazingly when I asked them to both sit while I prepared lunch, they both eagerly obeyed and plopped down on the splat mat in anticipation of lunch.
I put Carson in the high chair and did have a bit of a struggle keeping Mason still, but they both ate lunch and Mason enjoyed feeding Carson too.
The after-lunch treat was on the back deck. Mason and I had just picked out a cool shark pool and shark sprinkler {to match his shark swimshorts} and we picked up 5 of the $1 beach balls. Yes. I. Blew. Up. Everything. By. My. Own. Air. {someone's full of hot air, huh?}.
I'm fairly certain the pool and balls were a hit!
They enjoyed throwing the balls in the water and roaming around in general. It was good to be on an enclosed deck so there was nowhere for anyone to wander off {a-hem Mason}
Aunt Mary and Baby Hollywood aka Baby Sophie enjoyed the splish splash too.
Check out that Superstar!
I think they would have stayed outside for hours if they could have.
But there's nothing like a sweet popsicle treat to entice them away from the water for a cool break.
Mason really enjoyed that pop...check out the red line of gooeyness running down his belly and his little tongue sticking out the side!

No comments:

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker