Friday, June 11, 2010

16-Months Old

At 16 months, Mason's...
...loving the kiddie pool we got for the deck.
...cut 2 molars for a total of 10 teeth {well technically one side isn't fully pushed through yet}.
...RUNNING everywhere!
...throwing temper tantrums. I find it humorous that the Pediatric Group's Wellness Sheet warns of this and says, "Children will begin to throw temper tantrums at this age. Do your best to ignore them." HA!
...mostly cheesey though. He has such a cool little sense of humor. He'll jibber-jabber and then laugh at his own joke {I laugh with him as if I understand the punch line}. Oh and he thinks it's funny to hide things, even though this started several months ago, it seems to have increased. Last night I found he put his toy cars in the dryer; he still hides his sippy cup often; and he sometimes drops his playfood down the spiral-shaped toy car slide. ...and then he giggles!
____________________________
*EDIT*
At our 16-Month Well Visit, Masons stats are...
{we had to skip the regularly scheduled 15-mo Wellness Check because of the insurance change}
Height: 31.5 in
Weight 24 lbs, 3.5 oz
Head Circumference: 18 in
ATTENTION ALL: At 16 months, Mason is now 50th percentile for weight AND 50-55th percentile for height! So, I no longer think he'll be a little person after several months of ranging from below 5th percentile to 30th at the higher point
{not that there's anything wrong with dwarves/little people/midgets/etc...it's just that there are additional challenges with a much smaller stature}

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Love the pool! Mason is getting so big!!!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker