Thursday, December 17, 2009

Big Boy

At Mason's 9 month Well Visit, he dropped significantly in both length and {especially} weight. From 6 months to 9 months, he'd only grown 0.75 inches and a tiny gain of 1 lbs 5.5 oz {head circumference is proportionate}. Length-wise he was down in the lower tenths percentile, and his weight was even lower...BUT on Wednesday I had mixed emotions as I had to take Mason in for chest congestion. I'm sad that he has the beginnings of a sinus infection {poor baby, it's his first real sickness since his "first cold" was diagnosed by the Dr as teething symptoms!}, but since he's been pretty happy and only sounds horrible, I was absolutely ECSTATIC to find out he's gained 2 lbs in a month to 18 lbs, 14 oz! We're back just under the 50th percentile!!!

Just look at those thunder thighs!
I'm also convinced my child is a genius/prodigy. He amazes me every day with new things he's learning, processing, problem-solving.
So many people have told me he should be an E*Trade baby. And of course Mason proves them correct at my laptop, solving highly complex equations and computing formulas that go way above my head. What a smart little guy!


Yay for my BIG little guy!

1 comment:

Alesha said...

My goodness! He has grown so much and is as cute as he can be! :-) So glad you're both doing well!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker