just a day late...

Happy "
Inside-Out Day" Mason Tinsley! At 9 months, you've been on the "outside" as long as you were cooking on the "inside."
At 9-months, Mason's......all over the place. Here he is shaking his booty while holding onto the swing. He's still cruising everywhere and will stand momentarily. He actually tried to take a step once, but fell immediately. He'll walk while holding onto my fingers, but he definitely has to work on balance.

...a mischievious kiddo! I've already caught him on the 3rd step of the stairs (baby gate is on the 4th step); he continually finds some cabinet to open; and he knows where to look for the doorstops on every door because he likes to play with the spring (which is now rubber-less since they're choking hazards).

...already wanting his own cell. Or at least he wants Mommy's cell, although his favorite toy is the bouncy seat because he can climb and use it as a support stand as it plays cool music and sounds.

...averaging 24 oz of baby food daily (5-7 jars) and he just started taking a trainer sippy cup.

...language and cognitive skills are progressing. He definitely knows his name and the word "No" and "Yay." He's said "Ba Ba Ba" a few times after I told him to say "Bye Bye." And he'll call out "Mama" when he's upset and wants me. Some of his other words are "Dada", "Hi Yah" (like the karate noise...seriously he's done this 3 times-it definitely counts as a word!), and "Ga Ga" (although I'll admit that's not really a word).

...interacting and playing games. He'll cover his head with a blanket to play peek-a-boo. He'll even give me a flat high-five, when I hold my hand out flat towards him. When he's in his high chair and wants more food, he'll hit his hands on the tray to signal he's still hungry. And every morning he lets me know he's awake by standing in his crib and reaching up to turn his musical aquarium on.
Here he is using the laundry bucket as a walker; I caught the tail end of his kitchen-floor travels. What a goofy baby!
*EDIT*
At our 9-month well visit, Mason's stats are...
Length: 26.5 in
Weight: 16 lbs 15 oz
Head Circumference: 17.25 in
Mason's dropped significantly in both length and weight percentiles- low teens for length and single-digit for weight. Dr C says it's of no concern as I'm only 5' 4.5" and Mason's birthfather is 5' 9.5" so he will likely be petite {the weight doesn't bother me much as he's super active}.
3 comments:
Aww, I wasn't to see him to those things and hear him say Mama - so sweet! He is growing way too fast. Love and miss you both.
Happy Inside Out Day, Mason!
Happy Inside Out Day, Mason! He is the cutest nine-month-old I know!
He is so cute! Colton used to use random objects as walkers too!!! Babies are so funny!
Post a Comment