Friday, February 12, 2010

Favorite Mommy Things

This is a quick list of some of my favorite baby investments. I've meant to do this for some time but I suppose late is better than never. Oh and I've had a year to let my opinions on the purchases "marinate" so perhaps they can be of help to others:

1. Storksak Gigi Diaper Bag- I'd had another bag for months, but realized that I don't really like the "baby looking" diaper bags and preferred something more discreet and with more pockets and dividers for organization. This bag is beautiful, the handles adjust for a stroller accordingly and the only negative is that my small infant child chewed on the straps and there's a mark on one of them.2. Pottery Barn Bassinet- This was a sizable splurge. And Mason only slept in it for maybe the first 2 or 3 months of his life. But I don't regret it one bit. It's still an heirloom piece that I've aesthetically enjoyed more than any other bassinet I've seen. 3. Polo Ralph Lauren Clothes- An infant hits growth spurts and will shoot out of his clothes in no time, but I've had too much fun playing dress up to notice. And admittedly, I've made horrible clothes choices probably spending somewhere close to $300 on smocked clothes; with at least half of those that will end up never being worn {wrong size for the season or I just decided it was too frilly} or that will only be worn once. Bad, bad investments...must RESELL!

But I waited and purchased all of his Polo RL clothes on clearance so there's not been one complaint from me. Mason is petite so he was able to stay in the infant sizes all year; although Polo RL runs small {well, I like to say it runs "true to size"...potatoes...potahhtoes"}. But his 12-month outfits are starting to fit snuggly. Thankfully the great thing about button-down shirts is that you can roll the sleeves up when they're too large and do the same thing again when it's too small for a preppy casual look.

4. CatBird Baby Pikkolo Carrier- I have 3 different baby carriers, and babywearing is something I support...particularly for nursing newborns. My all-time favorite is still the Pikkolo. I rave about it {HERE}. Oh and I can still carry Mason comfortably, only now he's worn like a backpack.
5. Pedipeds- These shoes are the bomb! They have a flexible leather sole that's durable enough for outdoor wear, but it ingeniously allows for movement...considered "the next best thing to being barefoot." I'm still sick over the fact that I lost one of the shoes. Mason is walking in stiff-soled shoes, but something I think around the house it'd be better for him to wear these rather than just his socks {which can sometimes bunch up and trip him}. 6. Boon Squirt Feeding Spoon- I cannot count the number of times that people have stopped us in restaurants after they're in awe of this cool contraption. It's a huge lifesaver when feeding on-the-go. The squeezable rubber compartment acts as an insulator for the baby food and you can actually fit about 6 oz of baby food inside. I've learned however to make sure that I only use Stage 1 or very pureed Stage 2 foods because anything with lumps will not squirt correctly.
7. Boon Flair High Chair- Wow! Can I just add that this high chair may be my all-time favorite purchase PERIOD. It's extraordinarily easy to clean up, I roll Mace around the floor like he's on an amusement park ride, it's a sleek and non-invasive design, and I really like that it easily adjusts heights so I can sit him at the kitchen island, the table, or even wheel him in front of me while I'm on the sofa. Amazing!

8. BOB Sport Utility Jogging Stroller- I use my Chicco travel system stroller for store trips, but there's no way that I'd be able to run without this jogger. The BOB was graciously gifted to us from Gigi and Grandadder before Mason was even born. It's been a life saver. I've kept sane by being able to exercise with Mason and right now I'm just itching for it to get warm again so we can go back out to the park for a jog. It's also the best BOB for us because of the natural park trails where we run; the suspension is a great feature!

2 comments:

The Penter Family said...

LOVE Pedipeds... especially the leather ones because you can wear them with dress up too. LOVE them for boys and girls! Best shoes ever!

Brooklyn said...

I am with you all the way on the Ralph Lauren clothing. I was just telling my mom yesterday, they are so quality, you can pick them up at consignment stores and they always look great. Dressed up or dressed down, layered or by themselves, they are the best thing for boys! In fact, let me know if you want me to save you hand-me-downs.

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker