Monday, February 8, 2010

Breaks My Heart

So it started with a blank stare...
And he just didn't seem himself...
Poor little guy...
Last Friday I took Mason into the Dr because there were signs that it was beyond just a cold. Yep, double ear infections.
Over the weekend, the antibiotics caused a horrible yeasty diaper rash {the December antiobiotics caused a scar!}. TODAY he began wheezing. Time to revisit Dr. C and we now know Mason has RSV. The dirty 3-letter acronym. STINK!
We don't even fit into any of the risk categories, but I did make 2 bad moves last week:
  1. Mason visited the church nursery
  2. I put Mason in the gym childcare {and even though he didn't last but 20 min, he could have easily caught something}.
This sad face just breaks my heart!

6 comments:

Tiffany Norris said...

Poor guy! Hope he is better soon--especially in time for his birthday!

Jamie Grizzle said...

That breaks my heart too. Poor little guy! Being sick is no fun.

Rachel said...

Poor Mason! I hope he gets to feeling better soon. :o(

The Turner Family said...

Aw..poor little guy!! And poor Mommy- having sick babies just breaks your heart and is really hard on you too!

I hope he feels better soon!

Anna said...

Oh my goodness! I soooo hear you! Caleb just had RSV in December. I blogged about it towards the end of Dec. Anyway, it's stressful! Do you have to do the breathing treatments? Just know that as scary as it seems, a lot of babies get it, evidently. He will be OK. The key is to get medical attention early on, which it sounds like you did. Unfortunately, though, it takes a while for them to completely kick it... But he will! I will pray for your little guy!

Cindy said...

Awww, he looks so down! I hope he feels better soon!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker