Friday, January 8, 2010

Boys Are So Tough To Buy For

Mason plays with his toys, but probably only just as much as he plays with items that are non-toys {ie chairs, cardboard boxes, paper, plastic bags...the last one only sort-of kidding}. So for Christmas, it was a challenge to figure out what to get him that would 1) have meaning as my first Christmas gift to him and 2) actually be put to use by Mason.So, I decided to start by beginning to fill his nursery bookshelves with...well BOOKS!
So I joined the Children's Book of the Month Club, and Mason now has a great beginning stash of books.

Dearest Mason Tinsley,

For your very first Christmas, I'm giving you the precious gift of children's literature, in hopes that one day you will appreciate a book {and its wonders and adventures} for more than just a chew toy.

With much love,
your boring Mommy who couldn't find a cool age-appropriate toy

Now, let's just hope that they uphold their advertising promise and DON'T send me a random book each month since I already went overboard and purchased these 12 books pictured plus I think 4 more on the way.

4 comments:

Sylvia Grace said...

I see 'Chicka Chicka Boom Boom' under that stash! I LOVE that book- my fav! Can recite it by heart, haha Good choice for Christmas :)

Haley said...

OH, DAVID is a great one too. And is that first picture a stack of Childcraft books?? Do you have those?? I had them when I was little and I loved looking through them during my elementary school years.

BTW I got Mary Ella's lunch container from a place in Florence; it is basically just a round plastic container that snaps. The name/dots are stickers that were cut out of vinyl... by one of those cricket machines you see at the craft stores!

The Penter Family said...

Love the Oh David books... I think they are perfect for this age!

Tiffany Norris said...

Looks like you made some great choices!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker