Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Psalm 131: Be Still and Quiet

Psalm 131
A song of ascents. Of David.
1 My heart is not proud, O LORD,
my eyes are not haughty;
I do not concern myself with great matters
or things too wonderful for me.
2 But I have stilled and quieted my soul;
like a weaned child with its mother,
like a weaned child is my soul within me.
3 O Israel, put your hope in the LORD
both now and forevermore.


It's time. I have a bevy of emotions piled up, but it's time. I don't think it's mutual either...sorry Mace. But we've made it 9 months so I'm so thankful you've had all natural things stuffed into your little body (well...minus the Gerber yogurt bites I gave you when I couldn't special-order the organic ones even from the manufacturer, I tried).

Yes, my son it is time for us to CELEBRATE your milestone of WEANING!
*sniff*
And it's interesting as Psalm 131 describes, a weaned child with its mother is "stilled and quieted."

You're a big boy now and while it's just tough for me (I really wanted to make it to 1 year), I know we aren't defeated. This just means you're growing up so fast and Mommy knows it's time for you to start on the mass manufactured, chemically altered (lecithin, carrageenan, and mono- and diglycerides added to prevent shelf-life separation) reconstituted powder known as formula. YAY! Plus Mommy's milk is just not cutting it for you anymore. You're so much more hungry and work travels have me going to 5 different states through the rest of this month...Zoinks! I have a feeling you'll be a happier baby with a full tummy and gaining more independence as you feed yourself the bottle. Now if only you would take a sippy cup or a cup...

Tomorrow we see Dr. C for your 9-month Well Visit so we'll see what crazy ole doc has to say about you growing up so quickly.

1 comment:

The Turner Family said...

awww...this is such a bittersweet post. You have done an amazing job for 9 months and you should be so proud of yourself!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker