Friday, February 6, 2009

Bedrest

Yuck!

And it's such a pretty day too.

But yes, I called into my Dr's office at 11:30am because from 10:30pm last night and 11:30am today, the weight gain was 4.5 lbs and although my headache is gone, my swelling has only increased. (right now at 2:15pm it remains at 4.5 lbs gained so no increase!)

The nurse and Dr. F (heard telling her in the background) told me to stay off my feet as much as possible, to lie down, and drink as much water (and only water) as I can until I go back in on Tuesday morning for my last check-up. They told me to monitor and see if this will keep the swelling/weight gain down and to page the on-call physician over the weekend if anything "weird happens"...her words, not mine.

I simply told my nurse, "This just can't happen yet- I'm supposed to be able to wait until Wednesday when my family is in town."

Nurse replied, "Stay off your feet!"


I only wish my wrinkled sheets were as clean as when I took the below pic because I'm not exaggerating when I say they're currently a health-hazard. I'm lying on the couch right now, in fact because I don't want to bask in the nastiness of the grunge. In other clean news, at least I was able to clean the rest of my house with the exception of my toilet since I ran out of bleach (I'm careful with the fumes!).

3 comments:

Haley said...

Bless your heart! But I am glad you called before it got worse! Mason is just ready to meet you, that's all. I know you are ready!
Hey, if you need any help with house stuff - laundry, cleaning, etc - before your family arrives, please let me know. I would be happy to help you, as long as Mary Ella can tag along. Seriously! I know there is sometimes a lot of last minute stuff and I'd be happy to help out since you are on bedrest!

The Faucett's said...

Hope you aren't too bored! I'm thinkint about you and I can't wait for baby Mason!

Tiffany Norris said...

Take care--not too much longer!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker