Today, Dr. F informed me that while I'm still only dilated 1 cm, I'm 90% effaced. Cervical effacement is measured from 0-100% and at 90% it basically means that it's almost completely thinned and am "ripe" for Labor. I already knew I've begun to "lighten" and Dr. F confirmed that Mason is head first...definitely felt in my pelvic region.
Dr. F said he doesn't want me going past my due date of February 22, although he confirmed that I'm measuring ahead anyhow. So in 2 weeks, if I haven't gone into labor yet, he'll offer me an Induction option. I have mixed feelings on this. Dr. F explained the dangers of going beyond 40 wks as there are higher meconium levels, and a bigger baby means a higher risk of C-section, but I've also heard so many horror stories of how inducing prolongs labor and there's an increased chance of C-sections when we try and use medicine to manipulate Labor and Delivery early.
No comments:
Post a Comment