Thursday, June 9, 2011

1-Month Old

Wow...time has FLOWN! It really seems like it was just a couple of days ago when we were bringing Dakota Kate home from the hospital. Ridiculous.
This little girl has changed so much already too!

At our 5-Day Well Visit: She regained her birth weight. She failed her Hearing Test at the hospital so we had to reschedule for a retest, but other than that there weren't any health issues at all!

At our 2-Week Well Visit: She had easily passed the Hearing Test and we received confirmation again of this. She grew to 22.25"; weighed 8 lbs, 11.5 oz; and had a head circumference of 14.5"

At our 6-Week Well Visit: She had grown just a little to 22.5"; weighed 10 lbs, 7 oz; and her head circumference was 15.25". According to the charts, she's hitting 50th percentile for both length and weight.
She's very social and loves making eye contact; she studies faces thoroughly. She also demands to be held all the time-she's enjoys the warmth and coziness of being cradled. Lately she's been much more vocal too and coos when she's content, particularly in the early mornings when we have our special moments at the crack of dawn. Oddly enough, this child enjoys tummy time! It actually comes in handy when I must put her down for a short bit {since she doesn't normally like to be placed down at all}.
Her favorite things right now are...
  • Our Pottery Barn Bassinet: {thank goodness I'm getting my money's worth!} She naps during the day in the living room and then I wheel it into the Master Bedroom and she sleeps in it at nighttime. I'm not sure what we're going to do when she outgrows it!
  • Falling asleep being worn in the Pikkolo Carrier: Sometimes this is the only way I can get things done during the day. I also "wear her down" to sleep most every night and it works like a charm.
  • Keeping her hands by her face: I have to diligently cut her nails so she doesn't scratch her face {at nighttime I pull her gown's mitts over her fingers}
  • She nurses well though and has grown quite a bit. I kept an "Input-Output Record" for her first month to make sure she's getting enough food. Let's just say she gets plenty to eat! In fact, we've had some oversupply issues and she gets frustrated in the late-afternoons/early-evenings when I sometimes have forceful letdown, but we learned from our first LLL meeting that she'll grow to deal with it and my body should naturally adjust to her demands anyway.
  • There's a bit of eczema that's shown up on her face; I've never had to deal with baby skin problems though so it's been a challenge finding out what to use to make it disappear. She's also sensitive and prone to heat rashes which doesn't help with her complexion. It even took me a while to figure out that one of the reasons she HATES care rides is because the newborn insert in her car seat prohibits circulation and actually acts as a insulation trapping heat in...bless her!
  • Her eyes are a Steel Grey and I keep hoping for BLUE like her Daddy {yes, I realize it's improbable}. For now though it's cool to look at her face in the sunlight when she's wearing blue as her eyes resemble her Daddy's.

3 comments:

The Penter Family said...

Glad you are posting again! Looks like everything is going great! LOVE Mason's mini-water park!

The Penter Family said...

Glad you are posting again! Looks like everything is going great! LOVE Mason's mini-water park!

Misty said...

i just commented on your other blog...... I had a daughter may 18th lol we do have a lot in common!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker