Saturday, July 9, 2011

2-Months Old

At 2-months, Dakota Kate is...

Sleeping through the night- yes, amazingly this started sometime around 7 weeks. It's a near miracle as Mason didn't do this until he was 10-months!
Still mostly a Momma's Girl, but she's coming around. I've started back at the gym at 5 weeks post-partum and Daddy watches Mason & Baby DK at home while I'm working out. Everytime I return home, Scott's nerves are shot so I know she probably screams bloody murder the entire time. She'll come around. One day she'll only want her Daddy and I'll have to remember this earliest stage where it was my turn.

A very particular baby. She's just like her Mommy I suppose. Dakota Kate wants things "just so"--- whether it be she wants to be held upright on the shoulder, by Mommy, while I'm walking around and bouncing. She knows the slightest differences when I leave something out or try and trick her. We bought a MamaRoo bouncer {a really cool looking fancy gyrating bouncer} but it was promptly returned as she wouldn't even stand to be strapped in. Apparently she didn't appreciate the gadgetry. *sigh*
Surprisingly happy in the car if it's only for a short distance {somewhere around 15-20 minutes and she hits her patience threshold}. Here's our happy girl after a nice lunch at Edgar's. Yay for getting out of the house!
We had our first {and only} visit to the pool with some friends and Dakota Kate much prefers cooler temperatures to hot ones. Her delicate skin had a tough time with the heat too- she definitely takes after her Daddy by loving COLD weather. Crazy baby!
On Father's Day we also had a nice visit from Scott's Mom and Maw. I think we've decided to call his mom Nana now. Dakota Kate was showered again with gifts- she has a beautiful little bracelet, new outfits, a pretty box, and a few of Daddy's baby keepsakes. This is a sweet little romper from Maw:

No comments:

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker