Tuesday, May 11, 2010

15-Months Old

At 15 Months-Old, Mason...

...mimics adult actions like trying on my shoes, vacuuming the floor with his walker, feeding others food, and he plays in his play kitchen when Mommy cooks {although he often has to check in to make sure that I'm preparing his meal correctly}. He also dusts his hands off after he falls, he occasionally puts away his toys {but not really to clean, more because it's a game...which is fine by me!}, and he's quite the gestur-er when he gets to talking {where does he learn this stuff?}
...is still an adventurer. He's a proficient stair climber and he easily comes down the steps by sliding on his belly. He also climbs much more frequently so this has added another level of baby proofing.
...has a budding personality. While I've seen strong signs of toddler tantrums {stomps his feet, will flail when picked up after getting in trouble, hits when he's mad---this is really bad, runs away} he's still a pretty good kiddo and he remains sociable and full of humor {he cracks himself up}, and it's still hilarious to see the "Ladies Man" in action as he flirts with other girls.
...is a dancing fool- I love this photo from my Birthday as he's doing some crazy dance move. He is big into music and moving to the rhythm
...is my joy. I simply cannot put it any other way. I love this little boy with a love that goes beyond anything I've ever experienced. And just when I think I can't love him any more, I find that my love grows deeper every day.
Developmentally, Mason does well with all of his charts {well, he's always in the lower percentiles for height & weight but I know he'll be petite anyway}. But he's been stacking blocks 6 and 7 high for several weeks now; he says "No" but mostly he says "Don't" or "Don't (do) that"; he can scribble but he loses interest quickly and wants to eat his crayon; he RUNS quickly like a crazy man; and he talks up a storm. His current vocab:
  1. Bah-bah {for his bottle of milk}
  2. Baby
  3. Bye Bye
  4. Don't & "Don't (do) that"
  5. Gigi / "G"
  6. Hi / "Hi Gigi"
  7. Me
  8. Momma
  9. No
  10. That
  11. "There it is" {slightly slurred together though}
  12. This

No comments:

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker