Monday, July 6, 2009

Our First Fourth

We had a lovely Holiday at my sister-in-law's dad's lakehouse! Everything worked out perfectly as he had a house boat that we anchored and then attached the speed boat for the more fast-paced water recreation. Mason stayed on the houseboat, inside with fans and out of the sun.
And while he could be unfettered inside the house boat, he had to wear his life jacket when we boarded from the docks and when we rode in the speed boat to the Resort Lodge the first night. So guess what- my son who can't stand being strapped in a swing or car seat, HATED the jacket. But it sure was a cute infant-sized PFD!
Mason found a new friend. Al, Mary's dad, loved holding the smiley tyke.

Of course Uncle Sean did as well. And he was sweet to hold Mason while I tried to ski...couldn't get up longer than a couple of seconds, but at least all the prep part seemed familiar and didn't wear me out.
And I think Aunt Mary has "baby fever."
Uncle Josh just might have it as well!
Guess who was the center of attention?
On the night of the Fourth, Mason missed out on the fireworks show because he was fussy for snack time. It was our first time to feed in public. While I have a nursing blanket (a weighted blanket for cover), I used our new "Hooter Hider" nursing cover and adequately concealed both of us during the display. I'd highly recommend this for breastfeeding mamas!
It was a wonderful Fourth of July!

1 comment:

The Penter Family said...

that life jacket picture cracks me up!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker