We have the Frog Pod...perfect for storing bathtime toys and there's a shelf for shampoo and body wash.
I'm thisclose to convincing myself to get the Boon Flair High Chair. It's bit more modern than my usual taste. For aesthetics, I originally wanted a wooden high chair, but after reading reviews some shared 1) you must use a chair cushion, which is additional cost and I'd imagine a pain to clean out; 2) they're not necessarily the safest as a child could slide out the bottom or smash their fingers with the tray (sheesh!); 3) although it's wood, evidently they're tough to clean especially those with slats like the Jenny Lind style.
The Boon has a pneaumatic lift (read: adjusts like a Barber;s chair), is very safe, is easy to clean including the pad, has a dishwasher-sized tray, rolls on 6 coasters and doesn't scratch floors (with a super easy brake), and it can transition to pull up to a table or counter. The cons are: the seat doesn't recline, the brake doesn't keep the chair completely stationary (did not appear to be a safety hazard though), and the tray is small although some moms said this was nice as it trained their children to eat off of a smaller surface. 

And check out this cool feeding spoon! You insert your food in the handle and squirt a small bit out for feeding. It comes with a cover which means you can easily prepare a meal for the go and not have to deal with keeping up with another container for the food...and one less thing to clean up.
This trainer cup is ergonomically designed. We're not ready for a sippy cup yet, but I'd imagine this fits better in the diaper bag than other cups with handles that protrude.Check out the other Boon products at www.booninc.com They donate 10% of their profits to children's charities. Cool baby cool!

4 comments:
I've seen the frog pod in Target and thought it was so cute and really appears to be useful! (And then Bob pulls me away from the baby stuff, reminding me that I don't have my own baby to buy for. Meanie.)
I have wondered about that frog pod... I will have to invest in one of those, because our cheap baby toy net just won't hold everything and it falls down!
As for the highchair, I would definitely recommend something other than wooden. That's what I originally wanted, too, for aesthetic reasons, of course. We had actually ordered one to be made by some Amish (yes, I said Amish) woodworker friends. My parents' got theirs first and so we were able to try it out at their house. And the reviews are right - very messy and in fact gets stained easily. It's hard to get spaghetti sauce out of wood. And there is no harness, like you said, which you may not need at first, but trust me, when they get to the crawling/climbing stage and want nothing more than to stand up and turn backwards in their high chair, a harness is a MUST!
After we tried my parents' out we cancelled our order! I ended up with a $35 high chair, CosCo brand, which I got at WalMart, and I couldn't be happier! It had an ugly gray-blue plastic cushion so I recovered it with some cute polka dot vinyl, which you would have NO problem doing at all , being your crafty self. And the ability to detach the tray and wash it in the sink is such a great advantage!
Anyway, just my thoughts!
All those other products sound great!
I agree with Haley about the wooden high chair. You NEED a plastic trey to put the food on. Once you chop up those blueberries and strawberries and put them on the trey, the STAIN and it's nice to be able to pick up the trey and throw it in the dishwasher.
You can not solve this problem by putting the food on a plastic plate either because Mason will just pick the plate up and throw it off the chair.
The only other solution would to be to sit there and feed him everything your self to keep the mess at a minimum. This is bad because once they can feed themselves it is nice to be able to let them do that and walk away. Also... they need to practice that skill anyways.
Also, I think I am going to look into that frog pod. My bathtub is always full of toys and I hate the mess!
Post a Comment