Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

Mason got his testosterone fix as all of his UNCLES were in town this weekend...yea!
We should have gone camping, but Grand-Dadder is still in Oklahoma. At least we have the outdoor gear. Check out those hiking shoes and socks!
And this weekend we also discovered our monkey toes!
Fun stuff- these toes kept us occupied for 30 minutes straight.

I'm glad his toes distracted him because we're still in pain from this whole teething stage. I was in denial for a while thinking that as the pain comes and goes that perhaps it wasn't teething after all. But it definitely came back and even earlier today Mason pulled off from nursing and stuck his hands in his mouth to chomp down.

And it's not always a great thing to have a "progressive" baby.

I hate teething.

Mason hates teething.

We all hate teething.

So I've used teething toys (some room temp, some chilled, but mostly frozen), ice cube in a wet washcloth, my knuckles, nursing, and a Soothie paci (since he's not used to pacifiers, I have to use my finger to keep it in...he definitely chomps down!). What works? What else can I do? I can't stand for Mason to be in such pain!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Poor guy! I definitely have no teething advice... but I did see "Teething Bling" (www.smartmomjewelry.com) recently and thought it was fun. I don't know, it might be slobbery and gross to keep a teething ring around your neck. Just thought I'd share. :)

P.S. The word verification below is "antichr." Kind of creeps me out.

The Penter Family said...

He may be "pre-teething". This is not actually teething, but has a lot of the same symptoms. Colton did this when he was Mason's age too. I also thought he was teething, but no tooth ever popped out. The next time I went to see the dr. he told me it was pre-teething. A lot of little babies do it... but they aren't actually getting a tooth yet. If nothing pops up in the next week or so, he is probably not actually teething.

Sylvia Grace said...

He is so handsome!
Love the new layout =)
We need to pick a race soon- I think I'm ready! =)

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker