Thursday, April 16, 2009

Here It Is...

Mason's Room!
Here's the repurposed mantel complete with its own sock monkey sitting in the curtained frame. I made floor pillows from the giraffe minky (soooo soft!) and then made a lumbar pillow from the aqua silk and had "MASON" monogrammed on it. The lattice upholstery fabric was used for the window cornices and I found these shades on clearance at Bed Bath & Beyond. The upholstered glider is super-comfy and I propped my favorite vintage popcorn chenille throw over the back.
The windows give a view of the front yard and it's very sunny during the daytime. My neighbor across the street is working on finishing a lovely painting for the wallspace inbetween the windows.
Bookshelves were mandatory...for books, keepsake display items, and of course toys!Gigi painted our whimsied little rocking chair, the knobs on the dresser and the "MASON" letters over the crib all coordinate. She also sewed the matching diaper hanger which matches the crib bedding.
I use the changing dresser often (go figure!) so Gigi also handmade and meticulously handpainted Mason's Jungle Bug Mobile. Mason keeps occupied during changings just staring at his wild bugs.
Although he only uses it for day naps, here's Mason's crib. Gigi also antiqued the bookshelves, dresser, and crib to match and give a great rustic feel to the furniture.
This is the closet door view of the room. There's an old piece of molding with doorknobs that serves as a hanging plaque for a couple of Feltmann Brothers outfits (including Mason's "take home" romper) and a birth announcement is framed above the plaque.
Gigi also used some Pottery Barn Kids artwork as inspiration and painted some canvases so we have original artwork in a fun jungle theme.
I think Mason will enjoy his room for years to come...hope you enjoyed it as well!

2 comments:

Tiffany Norris said...

Love it! It's so peaceful.

The Penter Family said...

It looks GREAT! Right out of a magazine. I can't believe how creative your mom is!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker