Although Mason's nursery has been in-use since he was born, I've waited to take pictures to share because while it's soveryclose to being finished, there was one wall space that needed to be "dressed."
Well last night I found the perfect mirror at Hobby Lobby ($20...it was 50% off) and wall hook ($2...also 50% off), so I'll be posting "final" pictures very soon. But I thought I'd share the project board and design prep that went into putting everything together.
This is my Design Book- I take mostly magazine and catalog pictures and cut and tape them in the book for design and color inspiration. I also sketch out the floor plan, furniture layout, and design ideas prior to buying pieces.
Nursery Layout
And from there, I determined my fabric choices so I know what colors I'll be working with (fabrics always before paint colors). I decided to use the mantel that was already in the room (my fabric choices were actually inspired by this furniture piece). Then I bought the new baby furniture (with budget in mind of course):
Convertible Dropside Crib @ Target.com.....$125
Changing Dresser @ JC Penney.....$170
Bookshelves @ JC Penney.....$100
Dutailier Glider & Ottoman (a splurge!) @ Albee Baby.....$570
Rug @ Target.com.....$53
Here's a Project Board about 3/4 of the way through that shows how I started to put things together. Along with the "To Do List" at the time (bottom right).
And now it's finished, but I still need to take some decent photos during the day. So sit tight...they're coming soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment