Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Festivities

Happy Fall Y'all!
I'll be the first to admit we overdid it on celebrating for Halloween this year.

It started with Boo at the Zoo...
We met up with Leah and Carson for a fun trick-or-treating playdate at the zoo.
The boys were able to go to different stations around the zoo and even had a trick-or-treating table line for garnering sweet treats.
I had to get a photo of these Nutcracker ballerinas manning the Birmingham Ballet booth.
I know it's silly, but I was almost giddy when Dakota Kate was so happy being held by this sweet dancer. I'm so excited for when she's old enough to take ballet classes, even if it's years down the road!
And then while the boys and Mrs Leah rode the Choo-Choo around the zoo, Dakota Kate and I chilled for a bit with the strollers and gear.
And then we all were able to do the hayride together.
We even ended the evening with a very late night dinner...at Davenport's.

But we had to have our entire family celebrate the Fall, so we made a trip out to the Old Baker Farm.Mason loved the Cotton Jump!
Sorry Scott, I uploaded the pic of him mid-wink.
We were able to go out into the fields to pick out our very own pumpkins. Mason absolutely adores the word PUMPKIN now.
We had a fun ride and it was nice to be able to go with our whole family.
What a beautiful day!
And then we've also been "BOO"ed for the first time. I have a hunch it was our sweet neighbors down the street-what a nice surprise we had!
Then we went to the Hoover Fall Festival and this was the first time for the kids to dress in their costumes.

Dakota Kate was Princess Leia
And Mason was Luke Skywalker...or really a Jedi Knight {since we didn't have a blonde hair piece for him}
And then Halloween weekend we had our Church's Fall Festival!
photo courtesy of Kim Brantley {HERE for the album} and {HERE for her FB page}photo courtesy of Kim Brantley {HERE for the album} and {HERE for her FB page}photo courtesy of Kim Brantley {HERE for the album} and {HERE for her FB page}photo courtesy of Kim Brantley {HERE for the album} and {HERE for her FB page}photo courtesy of Kim Brantley {HERE for the album} and {HERE for her FB page}

Mason was ecstatic to hang with his best bud Carson {seriously, look at the look of excitement in his face! I think Carson was excited about his candy!}
On Halloween Day, Laura & Blair met us at the Mall for a lunch at Chick-fil-A and then a carousel ride...in costume.
Mason was scared to death of the Chick-fil-A cow. Frightening!
But he loved the carousel and Dakota Kate enjoyed trying to pull Mason's hood during the ride, so all was well.
Halloween Night this was just before Trick-or-Treating in our neighborhood. Mason had a blast going up to the door and knocking or ringing the doorbells. I think he liked that part more than receiving the candy. I'm still not sure he understood that the candy was an edible treat. I'm not teaching him anything he doesn't have to know!
Phewww! Is that it? I think so. It was a whirlwind of Halloween-ing, but it sure was fun!

No comments:

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker