Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sweet Pea News

Sweet Pea
{"Sweet Pea" is the nickname that Gigi is giving Baby #2}


We had a bit of a scare last week as I had some light bleeding. Dr. F wanted to see me quickly and we had an ultrasound to make sure Sweet Pea was healthy.

Thankfully the baby looked great and was wiggly and measuring perfectly. And although it's much too soon to have gender determination, the ultrasound technician probed and *thinks* Sweet Pea may be another BOY. She was stern to let us know she rode the fence a little on this though and that we shouldn't purchase any boy items yet. Although I advised her that we wouldn't need much since Mason's hand-me-downs would be easily reused.

I've just completed a round of antibiotics to help "cure" and deter a continuing infection but Dr. F advised there is an increased risk of preterm birth. I didn't really let what he said soak in while I was in the office but from what I understand there's not much I can do. All I cared about that day was that Sweet Pea was healthy and growing- whatever else happens happens.

This pregnancy has probably been the opposite of my pregnancy with Mason. Mason was fairly easy I'd say.

* With this pregnancy I've had the not-so-fun morning sickness. For about 2 weeks straight {starting around week 6} I was miserable and then the rest of the time it's been random spurts of extreme nausea.

* I'm also extremely fatigued. We were all recovering from a weird cold, that recurred the following week but to encapsulate the tiredness---one day I slept 14 hours, the next 18 hours. Thank goodness Scott took care of Mason during those days.

* And while I've heard this happens with most second, third, fourth, etc pregnancies- my stomach muscles were shot and I definitely began showing much too early. I attribute most to bloating though as thankfully I'm gaining weight but not nearly at the rate I did with Mason {remember I gained 56 lbs with him!}



Really the worst part has been the typical first trimester symptoms and what seems like an extended trimester at that. Thankfully, I know this too shall pass...

No comments:

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker