Friday, July 2, 2010

Mosquitos Mauled My Mason

Well, apparently I just lost my "Mommy of the Year Award" {joke} as I had to yank Mason from a horrid attack of mosquitos...all aimed at the one place I didn't spray- his sweet baby face!

He's been fairly good about not scratching them roughly, although I recall that most of his bites tend to get worse within a week's time and he's so allergic that each bite tends to manifest in a small mound of raised bumps.
I. Hate. Mosquitos.
Think I'm overexaggerating? He got 12 bites total from his neck up.
The pictures don't even do the damage justice.
How exactly do mosquitos fit into the ecosphere as necessary creatures and why did God have to create these horrendous pests?

2 comments:

Erin said...

Poor Mason. :( I was reading an article about the fact that about 10% of the population is significantly more attractive to mosquitos - I'm unfortunately in that group. It seems like I just look outside and they begin to swarm. I hope this was a freak incident and the poor boy isn't like me!

The Penter Family said...

I swear they like Mason AND Colton... I hate it. Colton scratches them over and over until they bleed. I don't know how to make him stop... I can't watch him 24 hours a day! I hate misquitoes!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker