Thursday, September 4, 2008

Still Stylin'

I'm trying to make wise purchases with regards to clothing. I splurged with this Kay Unger dress from Saks at 10 1/2 weeks pregnant. Definitely in denial of my changing body.
It's now to my detriment as it's hanging in my closet, the tags are still attached, and this beautiful dress not touched since.

And as I cannot deny my expanding belly, I'm having to make wiser clothing decisions. It's difficult to try and find pieces that will "grow with me" and will also work post-partum. So last weekend I set out with the task of finding work-appropriate maternity attire. Here are my current clothing mantras
  1. Dresses must fit either very loosely and/OR be made of fabric containing Tencel/Lycra or another stretchy and conforming material
  2. Fat pants will work temporarily (in 2005, I was 25 lbs heavier non-preggers) but there will be times when the elastic bands on maternity pants will be most comfortable
  3. Maternity tops are unnecessary unless dealing with tailored button-downs (of which I have not yet solved this dilemma)
  4. Wrap dresses, wrap tops, long-layering cardigans, scarves, and chunky bold necklaces are my newest friends
Here's the bump at 16 weeks. The black dress was a cheap WalMart find (non maternity) and the shoes I bought last weekend at Belk (Jessica Simpson red leather ballet flats with bronze buckle detail).
Brown Long-Sleeved Dress- Pickles & Ice Cream Maternity
Silk Scarf- Banana RepublicPink Satin Blouse- Target (not maternity)
Brown Trouser Pants- existing fat wardrobe (not maternity)Go International Black Dress- Target (not maternity)
3 Strands of Pearls- A Rabbit's Tale Flower Pieced Top- Target (not maternity)
Liz Lange Jeans- Target (maternity)
Top Detail2 Blouses- Banana Republic (not maternity)
Liz Lange Black Pants- Target (maternity)

1 comment:

Erin said...

Wow, I had no idea! You make a beautiful pregnant woman (although you barely have a bump), and you will make a great mommy. I will definitely be praying for you!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker